As a result there are now FIVE new categories of favicons to look through but it does make the Objects category more manageable plus it was an opportunity to add a huge bunches of new favicons to the site. The new categories are:
- Icons – I know it seems redundant to have a category called icons but once you look through them you will see why, maybe.
- Plants and Flowers – The number of plants and flowers was growing out of control in Objects so they needed their own section. See what I did there, growing…haha.
- Signs – Signs make great favicons and there were a lot of signs I have have been seeing lately that I just did not create favicons from because it would just be too many in the Objects category. Now with their own section I went to town and made a whole bunch.
- Smilies – I was not sure to call this section Smilies or Emoticons. Always fun to use as a favicon.
- Symbols – This category was tough to create. Some of the most popular favicons in Objects ended up getting moved here like the Yin Yang symbols but they definitely belong here more than in objects.
In other news it was a long time coming but I finally made it possible to preview the favicon when you visit the detailed listing for each favicon. There might still be some categories that default to the Free Favicon favicon but most favicon details pages should load the actual favicon on the tab bar now.
Also on the favicon details pages there is now the option to add comments! The Disqus commenting has been added to the favicon details pages so if you download a favicon and use it and what to show of your website you can, or if you just love a certain favicon and want to express yourself you can.
If you have any suggestions for new categories or are looking for a specific favicon feel free to leave a comment here and I will see what I can do.